Considering a holiday wedding in the Adirondacks? We’ve got the perfect signature cocktail idea: cinnamon eggnog! Whether you choose it as the official drink of your wedding, or simply want to enjoy this seasonal favorite at a holiday gathering, this homemade recipe is a sure crowd-pleaser. There are many ways to enjoy eggnog, so adjust according to your taste, and for a kid-friendly option, simply omit the alcohol.
Recipe yields 12 servings
• 8 egg yolks
• ½ cup white sugar
• 2 pinches salt
• 4 cups of milk
• ¼ Cup rum
• 2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 2 pinches ground nutmeg
• 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. In the top of a double boiler, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, and salt.
2. Add milk and mix well. Stir frequently and cook over hot water until mixture thickens to coat a metal spoon.
3. Mix in rum and chill in the refrigerator
4. Beat whipping cream until it thickens slightly. Add 1 tsp of vanilla and sugar to taste, then beat until stiff peaks form.
5. Once chilled, pour the eggnog into a glass of your choice. Top with whipped cream, freshly grated nutmeg, and cinnamon.
For an easier option, you can always go with store-bought eggnog and whipped cream. And add alcohol to your taste, garnish, and serve. This sweet seasonal beverage will surely bring back special memories of past holidays as you create wonderful new holiday memories with your special someone.
— Story by Anne Rathe