Every bride deserves to walk down the aisle with confidence, and confidence begins with having healthy skin. The months prior to your wedding is the perfect time to indulge yourself with a spa facial. But to achieve or maintain glowing skin at home, look no further than your kitchen! Honey isn’t just a great wedding favor; it also smooths your skin. For a gentle face scrub, combine with other simple ingredients you probably already have on hand — milk, oatmeal, and olive oil.
Each of these ingredients have special benefits that will leave your skin feeling smooth and rejuvenated.
Using milk as a skin care product can be traced back to hieroglyphic writing. It’s believed Cleopatra used milk regularly as a part of her skincare routine, and with all of the benefits, it’s easy to see why: milk shrinks pores, prevents premature aging, removes stains, and soothes irritations.
Oatmeal is made up of polysaccharides, carbohydrates composed of blended sugar molecules. When added to liquid, polysaccharides form a gel, so when it’s applied to your skin, it moisturizes, softens, and nourishes it, giving it a longer-lasting protection. The flakes also help exfoliate your skin, removing the dead skin cells and leaving it smoother.
Using organic or extra virgin olive oil will allow your skin to stay hydrated. Olive oil contains the right acids and polyphenols that help trap water in your skin and keep it moisturized.
Because honey is a natural antibacterial, a simple application can keep your skin bacteria-free. Honey will also moisturize and soften your skin.
Without having any of these ingredients on hand, the scrub will cost a maximum of $10-15, depending on the brands you prefer. Because the recipe calls for only a teaspoon or two for each ingredient, you will have more than enough ingredients for multiple scrubs.
• 1 tsp whole milk
• 1 tsp honey
• 1 tsp organic or extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tsp oatmeal
1. Gently wash your face with warm water before you begin.
2. In a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of milk, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
3. Add 2 teaspoons of oatmeal to the mixture. Tip: Blend oatmeal in a blender to get smaller pieces, which work better as a scrub.
4. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes, or until the oatmeal flakes are soft.
5. Gently rub in circular motions all over your face.
6. Massage the paste over your face for about 1-2 minutes.
7. With warm water, gently wash off the paste.
8. Rinse again with cold water to leave your face feeling smooth and refreshed.
With a preparation time of less than five minutes, keeping your skin radiant and smooth is a snap. You can even make it a party by inviting your bridesmaids over for some girl talk and beauty bonding. Here’s to health, relaxation, and gorgeous wedding day skin!