Vibrant colors and mild weather makes autumn in the Adirondacks the ideal time to get outside and go places with your sweetie. Try apple picking, a horse-drawn carriage ride, or even a simple walk to the park. If the latter appeals to you, we’ve come up with an activity that is both fun and free: try a scavenger hunt! Make a game of it; perhaps whoever finds the most items on the list can be rewarded with a romantic dinner for two cooked by the other partner.
Without further ado, here is our suggested list of items to look for when taking an autumn stroll!
What to find:
1. A red squirrel
2. Red, orange, yellow, and brown colored leaves (one of each!)
3. Two birds that look like a mated pair
4. Three carved pumpkins
5. Two different sets of animal tracks
6. Five pine cones
7. Six acorns
8. A picnic table or bench
9. A trail leading into the woods
10. A pet wearing a sweater or other warm fall clothing
How fast do you think you could complete this list? If you decide to give it a try, let us know in the comments. Happy hunting!
— Story by Anne Rathe